Sunday, November 16, 2014

(The Sanding of Wood) After a long hiatus on building a Split Top Roubo Bench.............

Hello there,

Its been roughly a year ago that I've decided to build a Split Top Roubo Bench but it was put off until today.

Anyways, here are some progress I've made so far. Some wood changes were made to the table top too.





Here, on this pic you can clearly see what I've done so far,

1. Not having a wood planer machine. All wood are planed by hand tools.

Table Top and Gap Stop
2. Completing the Gap stop is essential at this point so that I can gauge the total width of the table for the length of my bench short rail. The original Split Top Roubo Bench (bench top) is where they have 8 pieces of wood glued together. Here, I did some slight modification where I use (per side) 2 pieces of 12" by 72" glued together side by side.

3. All long and short rails tenons are cut and long rails mortises are cut so far.

Bench Leg Vise and Tail Vise
4. Bench wagon vise is fitted with an acme screw. Well, I've to go to the metal fabricator to do this part.

http://s388.photobucket.com/user/sam_marine/media/my%20Benchcrafted%20Split%20Top%20Roubo%20Bench/20130326_112038.jpg.html?sort=3&o=10

http://s388.photobucket.com/user/sam_marine/media/my%20Benchcrafted%20Split%20Top%20Roubo%20Bench/20130309_122721.jpg.html?sort=3&o=12

Blue Print for the Split Top Roubo Bench from Benchcrafted
* Just a section of the front page of the blueprint. Its copyright protected and I paid USD20 for it.*
http://s388.photobucket.com/user/sam_marine/media/my%20Benchcrafted%20Split%20Top%20Roubo%20Bench/20130326_134926.jpg.html?sort=3&o=9


Next posting will be 2 articles on my completed projects,
1. Japanese Footstool
2. Kobikidai Beam Bench   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

sitemeter

Google+ Followers